First Scout Meeting 2011

First Scout Meeting 2011

15th January 2011
By Scribe Marcus Choo

Holidays are over and we’re finally back to Scouts meetings! Today was the first meeting with the recruits joining us! Looking at them, it reminded me of my very own first scout meeting as a recruit – very excited yet nervous as I did not know what to expect! I’m sure some of the recruits felt the same way as I did 3 years ago.


After flag break, Akela took the recruits and we did foot drills. We were split into three groups and were led by the two Senior Sixers and Louis. I was glad I managed to remember the many different commands after the long school holidays break! However, many others forgot and we weren’t exactly in sync with one another! More practice needed!

Games time! This is the part of the weekly scout meeting that all cubs look forward to! Three games were played today: Frog and Fly, Dog and Bone and Captain’s Ball. My group started off with Frog and Fly, a game where the human has to guess who the “frog” is, and the “frog” has to hint by sticking out the tongue and making the “flies” ‘die’. It was super fun!

After that, we played Dog and Bone. 2 teams were numbered and when the leader called a number, a player from each team will run out to get the ball. We thoroughly enjoyed this game as well.

Sadly, I did not get to play Captain’s Ball as I had to leave early. It was a very fun scout meeting! I’m glad to be back and looking forward to many more fun meetings during the year, starting with the Recruits Camp next week.
 




Comments