P6 Bowling, 26th October 2013


Written by: Dylan Tay, Sixer 2012-2013 & Guest Scribe

At any time, I was going to fail.

The prized bowling ball which I had thrown would slide off the oil-slicked track into the catastrophic gutter, rendering my turn useless as I would be unable to hit any pins.

“Ohhhhh!” my friend Justin shouted in excitement as the ball curved… Then... YES! The ball did a spectacular curve and hit the only pin left. A spare!

The P6s were at the Superbowl bowling complex in Jurong as part of the post-PSLE activities. After we had worn our bowling shoes and had spilt up into groups, we began to bowl. The rules were pretty simple. Roll the ball to hit as many pins as possible to get the highest score! Some people (like me) had a hard time even trying to get the ball on track. So you could imagine my happiness when I got a spare!

Soon, we had finished the first round and it was clear (in my group) who was the winner. It was Ethan Lau! Good job!

In this manner, we completed both the second and third rounds of bowling. There were sophisticated systems to calculate the speed of the ball, average number of pins hit with a throw, etc, we even could correct our score if we wanted to.

After the three rounds of bowling, we went to the Macdonald nearby to have lunch. However, all good things must come to an end and in a flash, we were boarding the bus back to school, although still chatting lightheartedly.

I would like to thanks all the adult leaders for organizing this activity! 

Comments