First Scout Meeting For Recruits, 13th January 2018


Written by Syed Hafiz, Assistant Senior Sixer & Scribe

“Beep, beep beep, beep beep!” The whistle that me and Trisha blew signaled horseshoe. When I saw people in school uniform, I was confused. I saw a lot of them. One of the adult leaders told me that they were our new recruits. I was surprised as I saw many of them. Usually, there would be around twenty plus people. But on that day, I saw about thirty plus.

They were all very playful. While they were playing games and getting to know eachothers names, we scouts were working on arrows. Mr. Cheong told us by what date we must complete our arrows and progress badges.

Aftter all the working, we joined all tof the recruits and played something new to them. Scissors paper stone virus. It is basically if you win someone in scissors paper stone, you must go to the back of the person. The person with the longest line by the time the adult leader says stop wins.

Mdm. Kerina taught us how to play a four action game. When she says lighthouse, we would go into pairs and one person would have to go around the other. When she says boat, we have to be in triplets and act like we were rowing a boat. When she says capsize, we must get into quadruplets, hold our hands and squat. The last few remaining wins.

I had a lot of fun playing. And the meeting ended with horseshoe and sixers council.

Comments