Knots & Lashings + Amazing Trail Registration, 14th April 2018


Written by Cheong Yew Chung, Asst Sixer & Scribe


The day, went smoothly until I came to school. I had then remembered that the current time was 7a.m. and I was 2h ours early!                  

Upon knowing I asked my father why he had woken me up and brought me to school earlier. He then reminded me today was the day me and the other Akela candidates took our first aid test. We were told that we needed to pass and get the First Aid badge and or else we could not take the Akela badge this year. The fear of failing the test already got me scared.

After we took the first part of the test, we started seeing some of the other scouts coming, and in no time at all they came and Trishia, the Senior Sixer, got tested first as she needed to lead the scouts in the colour party. While we were still taking our test while looking through the end of the door that they were most likely dancing to music and we guessed it was waka waka a famous song. By the time we were done we joined and started doing knotting and lashing with the other scouts. It was incredibly confusing as many who knew forgot lashing like me.                                                                                              

So in result we ended that activity after very long. Next, we ran out of time and went for the 13th great Amazing Trail briefing cum registration. As far as I know the amazing trail is a great family bonding activity that we had hosted for the past few years. I have been in the amazing trail when I was just 5 years old (joining my elder brother who was in the Cub then). Okay back to the story, the morning ended well and I bet all the recruits could not wait for their first Amazing Trail ever and they are going to love it and that’s something I promise.

Comments